Thursday, July 1, 2010

Full-Ride Scholarship

Winston Churchill once said "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." When it comes to school, taking advantage of the best opportunities that come your way will benefit a student greatly. Scholarships are just one of the many examples of these opportunities. But when comparing certain scholarships, there are even better scholarship opportunities than others. One of the best opportunities, when it comes to scholarships, is a full-ride scholarship offered by a college or university. Receiving this kind of scholarship is an immense privilege, and very praiseworthy. One very high aspiring goal of mine is to acquire the honor of attaining a full-ride. There is a multitude of reasons why I would want to be awarded this kind of scholarship, and I believe there are many reasons why I should be invested in by the scholarship donors.

I want to receive a full-ride scholarship for many reasons. One would be because I would use the money that i would have spent on school for other important investments. Examples of these would be like keeping it in an account or saving up for a car or an apartment. Another thing that a full-ride scholarship does is the benefit of never having to pay back student loans after you graduate from college. This helps with preventing me from being in debt as soon as I get finished with college. It lets me focus on spending my money on more important things such as a house, clothes, food, etc. instead of having to spend a fortune on paying back my loans. Another reason I would aspire to have a full-ride is because it shows great qualities that I worked incredibly hard to achieve such an award, and would be a great accomplishment to be able to add to my resume. These are only a few of the reasons I would want to receive a full-ride scholarship.

Not only do I aspire to achieve this kind of academic honor, I believe the donors will be satisfied with investing in me for the scholarship. A great reason is because I will keep up my grades to ensure that I receive the full benefits of the scholarship. Th donors will know that they made the right choice in investing in me because I have great perseverance, I have high expectations that I set for myself in which I do achieve, I am actively involved in the environment and plan on getting involved in groups and clubs all throughout the college or university. This is how I will prove they made the right choice.

Not many students understand the immensity of recieving a full-ride scholarship, but I do. I will work as hard as I can in order to meet the qualifications to attain the scholarship because I greatly appreciate this kind of scholarship and understand its worth. Even though it will be difficult, the opportunity to be able to apply for this kind of scholarship is too great to pass up. That is why I will stay an optimist, and push through the difficulty to get to the opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment